Scrum Master - GPS - #495457
Date: 10/14/2021 16:00 PM
City: Alpharetta, Georgia
Salary: $82,400 - $131,600 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans, and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our GPS Technology Organization is a structure within the US GPS practice that implements and maintains a new operate and technology model designed specifically to support U.S. Defense and Government engagements.
You will be a key member providing project management expertise and manage the delivery of part of a large project or a small to medium project, acting independently to deliver project to schedule, budget and scope. You will maintain project plans, monitor costs, manages project risks and creates clear and attainable milestones, adjusting the project plan as required to successfully deliver project objectives. You will ensure the project follows established client and specific processes including Statement of Work (SoW), Installation Guides, Staging Guides, etc. You will support team on project deliverables and ensure project deliverables are signed off by Program Manager and/or Director
Your key responsibilities
- Successfully execute projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope using Agile methodologies (Lean, DevOps, Scrum)
- Exhibits the behaviours of an Agile Leader with an Agile Mindset
- Participates in the development of RFP/RFI process.
- Challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies such as the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, System Demos, and Iteration Retrospective
- Support the Product Owner and/or Project/Program Manager to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary
- Communicates with management and outside stakeholders. Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions; addresses resource issues and deviation from Agile practices
- Applies Lean-Agile practices, such built-in quality, Kanban, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Removes impediments so the team can focus on the work at hand and follow Agile practices
- Ensures appropriate involvement of external teams such as other vendor providers / partners on the project
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Processes/ Project Controls
- Ability to create tools/ independent spreadsheets to help analyze burn rate/ earned value/ earnings variances and cash projections
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance level
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, IT, Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years in a corporate IT environment
- 3+ years of experience in Scrum Master, Agile Lead or similar role
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or SAFe-certified
- Considered an expert in Scrum Master Function
- Demonstrable experience in the definition of Scrum Master Standards, Processes and Procedures
- Experience creating, executing and amending project plans
- Experience applying formal project management methodologies and disciplines to manage small projects
- Proven experience using, interpreting and making recommendations from financial data
- Demonstrates understanding of scope, schedule and planning; understanding of time management, resource management cost management. Possesses good project management skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / PMBOK / PRINCE 2 / Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- 6 sigma certification
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
- History of continuous learning and continuous progression
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Denver Salary Range: $82,400 - 131,600
Hartford Salary Range:$82,400 - 131,600
Stamford Salary Range: $90,600 - 144,800
Las Vegas Salary Range:$82,400 - 131,600
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.