Sales Representative II - #495459
Martin Marietta Materials
Date: 10/14/2021 16:00 PM
City: San Ramon, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Martin Marietta Pacific Region is seeking a Sales Representative for the San Francisco Bay Area Business Unit. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this position will be responsible for marketing, selling and technical assistance for aggregates within the SF Bay Area market.
The primary focus of this role is to grow revenue with selected existing accounts and to develop business with new prospective customers to increase market share in the territory and improve the profit margin of the business unit.
- Market and sell aggregate materials within the Bay Area market.
- Achieve a sales budget within an assigned territory with identified customer segments.
- Proactively target and acquire new attractive accounts.
- Retain and expand existing accounts wallet share by strengthening customer relationships.
- Proactively pursue and capture project opportunities using construction industry listing/bidding platforms.
- Maintain the project bid log updated with relevant sales activity.
- Keep a record of sales activity related to target accounts and key projects.
- Review bid documents and specifications and prepare bid packages and quotes.
- Maintain an updated monthly and yearly forecast with accurate volumes and pricing.
- Develop a yearly business plan for the assigned territory and customer segments.
- Participate in business-line budgeting and planning strategies.
- Represent Martin Marietta in industry associations.
- Work with customers and credit function to optimize accounts receivable.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 3-5 years sales experience in the construction-materials industry preferred.
- History of strong ownership mentality with the ability to take initiative in the sales process, develop and execute plans, and deliver results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled