Homemaker - #495511
Date: 10/14/2021 16:01 PM
City: Hobbs, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Interim Healthcare is a leading Regional Provider of Hospice Services based in Texas. Our company has grown to over 40 offices in Texas and New Mexico.
At Interim Healthcare the relationships we have with each other, and our patients are the foundation of the strong culture we have built.
We believe in placing the patient's interests at the heart of everything we do and that’s what makes our job so rewarding.
We understand that part of being a great Homemaker is spending the time to genuinely understand the patient’s story. Knowing where the patient is coming from helps us determine what they need to feel comfortable, safe, and healthy in their own home. As one of our nurses put it, “it’s an honor to be in someone’s home taking care of them.”
At Interim, we don't feel the pressure to just move through the patients, instead, we are empowered to invest time in helping patients live in their homes with dignity, respect, and confidence.
Homemaker General Purpose: Provide incidental activities of daily living to clients in the home setting as permitted by the policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state, or local law and regulations.
Full-Time Benefits Includes:
- Competitive wages
- 15 Paid Days off plus 8 Holidays
- 401k with an excellent match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Mileage reimbursement
Homemaker Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Performs and assists clients with incidental activities of daily living such as homemaking, shopping, supporting a clean and safe physical environment, and preparation of meals, reinforcing adequate fluid and nutritional intake.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as standard precautions, hand washing, and personal protective equipment.
- Recognizes, documents, and reports changes in client environment and safety to supervisor.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and organizes tasks.
- Attends mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provides requested documents to keep employee files current.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and the ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
HealthCare Homemaker may not:
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedure, which is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Reconcile bank statements, endorse checks, or use any form of the client’s credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM).
Homemaker Minimum Education Requirements:
- Any training required by state law or regulation or 12 months of accumulated experience in similar job classification or similar life experience.
- Home Care or Hospice experience preferred.