Hall Security - #495520
Warren Woods Public Schools
Date: 10/14/2021 16:01 PM
City: Warren, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SUMMARY: Monitors buildings, grounds, halls, restrooms, study hall, detention room and cafeteria for school rule violations, safety violations and visitor identification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiar with the Warren Woods Public Schools code of conduct and enforces those rules equally among all students showing no prejudice or favoritism.
- Monitors parking lots and grounds around school building for parking, traffic, and other safety and rule violations including trespassing.
- Familiar with the school Crisis Plan and takes part in assisting staff and students in following those procedures should the need arise.
- Collects attendance from teachers or performs other similar duties as need arises.
- Coordinates activities with and takes direction from principal and his/her designee.
- Assists in discipline of students in enforcing district policies.
- Responsible to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as may be assigned by administration.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Maintains effective relationship with students and staff.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Job performance is evaluated annually in accordance with the policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted by the Warren Woods Public Schools Board of Education.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, students,
- staff and the general public consistent with the duties of this position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure consistent with the duties of this position.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations consistent with the duties of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of students to support academics and behavior management.
- Must have patience working with special needs children.
- Ability to learn new skills, flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Works well with others, follows written and oral directions and completes assignments given.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents, staff members, and departments and business contacts outside of the District.
- Is self-directed, and works without direct supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists consistent with the duties of this position.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form consistent with the duties of this position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform duties in full compliance with district requirements and School Board Policies.
- Ability to promote harmonious working relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Possesses oral and written communication skills consistent with the duties of this position.
- Possesses interpersonal relationship skills consistent with the duties of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move at least 50 pounds of materials, or lift children, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization