Quality Engineer - #495532
Precision Castparts Corporation
Date: 10/14/2021 16:01 PM
City: Carson City, Nevada
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
United States of America
State / County
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year
November 1 2021
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals, the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment castings is seeking a Quality Engineer at our location in Carson City, Nevada.
As a Quality Engineer, you will participate in the sustainment of the Quality Assurance program designed to meet all customer and PCC requirements. You will work toward internal operating goals, establishing and managing appropriate measures for all elements of the quality management system within all departments. This will include developing procedures to ensure conformance and compliance, monitoring customer performance and customer satisfaction, identifying trends and implementing preventative and corrective actions for both internal and external purposes.
- Conduct customer tooling audits and manager customer supplied tooling program
- Conduct contract review
- Conduct customer specification review and execute flow down requirements
- Review heat treat control data for uniformity compliance
- QMS and Technical Procedure development and review
- Manage internal auditing program
- Participate in third party, customer, and NADCAP audits and corrective actions
- Manage stamp control process
- Review drawings and related specifications for new and legacy customer programs
- Manage individual customer release programs
- Review parts for conformance to requirements, direct communication with customer representatives, and handling any customer claims/returns
- Investigate quality claims from customers and establish appropriate corrective actions by working with Engineering and Operations departments
- Assist the Quality Manager in conducting plant surveys and audits, as required by customers
- Perform other duties of equal or less complexity, as assigned or directed by plant management
- Must know and follow all company and departmental safety, compliance, and regulatory rule.
B.S. degree in Engineering or related discipline
Demonstrated knowledge in AS9100 system requirements
Demonstrated knowledge in NADCAP requirements
- Demonstrated experience in Quality, Aerospace desirable
- Knowledge of investment casting processes a plus
Knowledge of quality assurance methods and inspection techniques
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and process specifications
- Knowledge and use of advanced shop mathematics and quality control statistics
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- 2 Years experience