Inventory Coordinator - #495537
Date: 10/14/2021 16:01 PM
City: Jacinto City, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Houston Methodist, the Inventory Coordinator position is responsible for replenishment, monitoring, and analysis of perioperative and non-perioperative asset inventories. This position ensures supply of these inventories balance against demand needs of our clinical and ancillary partners. The Inventory Coordinator position monitors inventory transactions and key performance indicators to ensure inventory accuracy, limit expirations, and mitigate supply interruptions, while also partnering with clinicians to trial and evaluate new supplies, equipment and technology. Additionally, this position handles supply non-conformities by responding to product recalls, facilitating supply and communication flow with vendors, corporate supply chain partners and clinical customers. The Inventory Coordinator position requires a thorough knowledge of inventory management systems, policies, procedures and practices related to medical supply inventory management and provides a high level of critical thinking and problem solving to find alternatives to complex and diverse problems.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
Establishes and maintains formal and informal communication with partners, clinicians and department leadership to identify needs and constraints of specific areas to ensure product availability. Facilitates communication on product sourcing for substitutions, backorders and ordering processes. (EF)
- Develops, trains and mentors team members to build competency of skills, knowledge and abilities to achieve a high level of department service. (EF)
- Leads and initiates problem resolution within the work unit. Facilitates teamwork by coordinating department needs and responding positively to requests for assistance. Role-models skills, through peer-to-peer accountability, to contribute towards improving department efficiencies and customer satisfaction. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
- Responsible for the replenishment activities of perpetual and periodic average replenishment inventories to ensure inventory levels are maintained to meet customer demand while mitigating stock-outs and expirations. (EF)
- Primary accountability for electronic inventory management system performance including calibration and management of sensing systems, validation of date integrity for supply & location databases and transaction management, reporting & auditing. (EF)
- Facilitates vendor communication and activities with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure vendors are conducting business within the set guidelines of Houston Methodist related to product in-services, consignment management and provision of clinical support. (EF)
- Collaborates with corporate buyers, value analysts, and item master file teams to ensure the master file data integrity, as well as a product's lifecycle i.e. from new product review, incorporation in the inventory, ongoing use and evaluation. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Collects relevant data, compiles information for management decisions and ensures the successful execution of department services using appropriate resources. Reconciles data to determine if department improvements are achieved. (EF)
- Forecasts, plans and executes replenishment orders and deliveries to ensure supplies and equipment are available for patient needs prior to, during and post-supply interruption events, such as natural disasters, holidays, and backorder events. (EF)
- Coordinates the completion of actions required to respond to notices of recall for assigned inventories. (EF)
FINANCE - 20%
- Establishes and monitors processes for control of perpetual and periodic inventory transactions to ensure the supervised inventories are accurate to the physical products on hand and supplies are readily available for clinical use. Inventory variances will be maintained within appropriate thresholds as outlined by Houston Methodist department policies and guidelines. (EF)
- Uses critical thinking skills to manage accounts and inventory, leaving no excess capacity of product, to limit product expiration and mitigate expenses. (EF)
- Maintains and reports key financial and/or operational metrics processes as directed by management. Utilizes efficient and cost-effective work practices with department resources and supplies. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Supports hospital and department goals and offers innovative solutions through participation in department projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of current practices. Assumes responsibility for self-growth and development by participating in in-services programs and continuing education. (EF)
- Works with management to identify, and take action on, opportunities for product substitution, cost reduction, product trends and comparison with other units and operational performance improvement initiative. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Five years of general Supply Chain experience or two years of experience in inventory, data management and analysis execution.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal teamwork and leadership skills with all levels across the organization and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including but not limited to organizing workflows and actively participating in problem solving.
- Proficient computer skills including, but not limited to, knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including intermediate knowledge of Excel to perform moderate to complex analyses of inventory data, product data, project costs and manage product replacement/transition.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of products to address customer needs.
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional No
Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
- Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within No
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, a master planned campus with a 400 bed hospital – initially opening 187 beds – will ensure that we continue to deliver our special brand of health care to those who call The Woodlands home. As the eighth hospital in the Houston Methodist system, Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is a full service hospital building upon our rich history of clinical excellence in the Texas Medical Center