Production Supervisor - #495558
M. A. Mortenson Company
Date: 10/14/2021 16:30 PM
City: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
BLUvera, Mortenson’s vertically integrated self-perform manufacturing and prefabrication affiliate, utilizes advanced design, engineering, and 3D modeling to deliver and install prefabricated construction products on Mortenson projects. By utilizing DfMA principles (design for manufacturing and assembly), BLUvera leverages technology in the manufacture and fabrication of steel frame wall panels intended for load bearing and non-load bearing applications on our project sites. We continuously strive to enhance our offerings in prefabricated scopes of work that drive value for BLUvera and Mortenson as a whole.
The Big Picture
BLUvera is seeking a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for leading the production at a rapidly growing construction products manufacturing and prefabrication plant.
What will you be doing?
- Provides shift supervision and leadership for the assembly/manufacturing team members.
- Leads production team members with an intense focus on safety and quality while ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations and internal company policies.
- Motivates and mentors the production team in order to achieve production efficiencies.
- Assists in the creation of production schedules and workflow management.
- Develops work instructions and cross-training plans.
- Provides on-the-job training and leads by example.
- Drives the continuous improvement of plant KPIs (Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Cost)
- Adjusts schedules and workload balance as required by the operation.
- Monitors supply inventory levels, coordinates with others when reordering is necessary.
- Utilizes lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish production goals.
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned