Small Business Lending Control Officer - #495570
Date: 10/14/2021 16:30 PM
City: Chandler, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
CSBB Control Management serves as the front line of risk management and is primarily responsible for ensuring effective front-line risk identification, measurement, monitoring, controls, and mitigation for the CSBB businesses. This team works to ensure internal controls, processes, and procedures are adequate and effective, and executive management understands the risks, exposures, and trends that impact the business. The group also collaborates on projects and initiatives by providing support and awareness of risks and mitigating control solutions.
The Control team is responsible for partnering with their relevant business group to develop and maintain a strong control environment leading to the early identification and sustainable mitigation of operational risk.
The team focuses on five areas:
- Risk Identification & Assessment
- Control Design & Evaluation
- Issues & Control Deficiencies
- Control Governance & Reporting
- Control Programs
Leads and influences partnerships with the business process owner by consulting and providing expertise and strategic direction in the control design to effectively mitigate risks, including design of effective means of measurement. Contributes to the development and enhancement of the business control environment through execution of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program. Engages in the development and implementation of new controls, action plans, and root cause analysis. Supports the Business with implementation of Control programs by providing consultative guidance. Assesses and designs appropriate metrics to inform and monitor the health of the operational risk environment. Supports a strong risk management culture through the implementation of key risk management programs into the standard operating framework of the business.
Preferred Locations: Preferred Locations: Charlotte, NC; Fort Mills; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; West Des Moines, IA; Phoenix, AZ; Chandler, AZ; Dallas, TX; or Irving, TX.
Please Note: Control Officer must be in one of the listed site locations. Position is currently remote; however, Control Officer will be required to work on site when Wells Fargo returns to standard operating model.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Audit or internal controls testing experience
- Experience with change Management
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: measure and communicate key performance metrics (KPIs)
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Engages in the development and implementation of new controls, action plans, and root cause analysis.
- Leads and influences partnerships with the business process owner by consulting and providing expertise and strategic direction in the control design to effectively mitigate risks, including design of effective means of measurement.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of the business control environment through execution of the Risk and Control Self--Assessment (RCSA) Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Assesses and designs appropriate metrics to inform and monitor the health of the operational risk environment.
- Ability to credibly challenge the status quo
- Capacity to juggle multiple efforts simultaneously; manage time effectively
- Ability to operate effectively at both a conceptual level and a detailed level.
- Proven experience building partnerships, collaborating, and influencing key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many businesses and functional areas.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Consumer Banking, Business Process Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance/Audit
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.