Principal Cyber Forensics Specialist - #495596
Date: 10/14/2021 17:00 PM
City: La Crosse, Virginia
Salary: $92,000 - $138,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition ID: R10003444
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Unknown City - VA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Occasional/Part-Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
- Resolves cyber forensic issues using computer host analysis, network resource, and log analysis techniques.
- Discovers, analyzes, diagnoses, and reports on user activity, files and network events and vulnerability issues.
- The role of the analyst is to recover data, such as documents, photos and e-mails from computer hard drives, and other devices and other data storage devices, such as SSD, flash drives, mobile communications devices and legacy technologies, that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- The analyst must also provide timely and cogent analysis to the requesting customer and maintain excellent record keeping and evidence storage practices.
- This analysis is in support of internal investigations conducted by the Northrop Grumman Law Dept, Security, Employee Relations and Ethics, as well as other entities as directed.
- The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert on a variety of issues and will routinely interface with external stakeholders, including legal counsel, law enforcement and fellow technical experts, as well as corporate leadership.
- Develops analysis and make recommendations for the purchase and utilization of hardware and or software that will address specific customer requirements and will maintain proficiency on all forensic platforms employed.
- Develops policies and procedures to investigate user behavior by means of automated information systems.
- Assists in the development and delivery of computer forensic security awareness products and briefings.
- Must have, at minimum, a Master's Degree with 3 years of experience OR a Bachelors Degree with 5 years of experience. OR commensurate professional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have prior experience working in the field of cyber forensics, preferably in either a law enforcement or corporate capacity
- Must have at least 40-60 hours of formal classroom training in forensic software and techniques.
- This position has the ability to be 100% virtual/work from home. Candidates must be comfortable with collaborative technologies such as Skype, Microsoft Teams, and/or Zoom
- Must have/maintain reliable and fast data connection will be the responsibility and expense of the employee
- Must have a dedicated place to work that is sufficiently secure (proprietary data and company-owned equipment will be in the employee's possession and must be secured).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Cyber Forensics, Computer Systems Management, Information Security or similar field is desired.
Salary Range: 92000 - 138000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.