Experiential Designer, Events & Experiences - Pittsburgh - #495599
Date: 10/14/2021 17:00 PM
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Deeplocal is seeking an Experiential Designer with a passion for designing physical objects, environments, and interactive installations to join our growing creative team in Pittsburgh, PA.
You will work in our Events & Experiences division with a team of designers, strategists and creatives to lead aesthetic and human-centered design choices on physical interactive projects from concept to delivery for clients such as Google, Nike, Netflix, Twitter, Slack, and others.
You care deeply about design quality—whether it's the high-level vision or intricate details. You are comfortable communicating design decisions to brand clients, internal team members, and fabrication vendors articulately and respectfully.
You must have a portfolio that demonstrates strong strategic thinking as well as physical and visual design skills—including the ability to visualize ideas through beautiful sketches, renderings, and production-ready schematics/models.
You will be translating brand concepts and campaigns into physical activations and products. Examples of past projects include designing the outer shell for a Reese's Puffs synthesizer, creating kinetic holiday window displays for Microsoft, reimagining Conan O'Brien as a delivery drone, and transforming digital brands into physical spaces, like Google's Hardware Store.
This role is based in our Pittsburgh office. A portfolio of work is required to be considered for this position.
- Physical and Interaction Design – Design spatial interactions, environments, and physical objects (from early sketches to fleshed out visual models and detailed interaction design).
- Pitch Development – Work on lean creative teams to communicate concepts through visuals that are on-trend, on-brand, and visually-stunning.
- User Journey Development – Create user journeys and think about how people move around a space.
- Visual Design – Direct aesthetic design choices, such as form factor, color, and materials, with mood boards and/or other visual references.
- Design Vision – Guide projects through production, ensuring that the design and storytelling vision remains consistent and on brand.
- Fabrication Oversight – Oversee the creation and fabrication process with both our internal teams and external vendors.
- Time Management – Handle multiple projects simultaneously, keeping track of deadlines and self-directing your workload and priorities.
- Problem Solving – Feel a sense of ownership over the success of our projects; be a relied-upon team member; be capable of general problem solving when challenges arise.
- Passion for all things design (industrial design, architecture, environmental design, interaction design, and more)
- Hunger to learn new things and to apply design thinking to different problems and briefs
- Expertise in 3D modeling software (SketchUp, Rhino, Fusion, or another of your choice)
- Experience bringing projects from concept through to production, overseeing external and internal build and fabrication partners, and communicating design choices to clients
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal's team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal's work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time