Field Technician - #495604
Date: 10/14/2021 17:00 PM
City: Burnsville, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Title: Field Technician
Job ID: AS20211310-70867
Job Location: Farmington, Minnesota
L3Harris is looking for a Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a variety of telecommunications systems, cabling, and other related system equipment at customer locations across an assigned geographic region. This individual will work closely with the Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) receiving dispatches and service requests supporting Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and computers.
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics and assist with the setup and configuration of system hardware and software
- Provide technical support to end-users and install both hardware and software including operating systems, office applications, and computer hardware.
- Service various network components and network test instrumentation including:
- Cable connectors and replacements (RJ-11,RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449)
- Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
- AD and DC including 3 Phase AC
- JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
- T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for unresolved problems from the company’s Helpdesk and NOCC.
- Maintain records on repairs, down time, changes, and updates.
- Periodically climb ladders and step stools, to reach heights of approximately 10 feet (3.05m), and periodically lift to 50 pounds (22.67kg)
- May work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs and to respond to after-hours emergency calls
- May travel up to 100% of the time to remote sites within a 3-hour drive radius of the base location.
- Obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance
- Manning ZMP ARTCC
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6-8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies
- Knowledge on Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, A+
- Experience working remotely across a geographically dispersed team