Real Estate Manager - #495629
Date: 10/14/2021 17:01 PM
City: Springfield, Ohio
Salary: $80,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. The only question is, where do we do it and what do we build? That's what you'll answer on our real estate team: finding our next locations, negotiating the deals and building our future ALDI sites. Keeping us moving forward can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: $80,000 per year, with car +$5,000 signing bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Oversees the timely submission of plans to obtain all required approvals and permits.
- Obtains, evaluates, and recommends the awarding of construction bids to the Director Real Estate.
- Verifies costs and maintains invoicing backup for all construction related charges and submits to the Director Real Estate for approval
- Ensures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to ensure a mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, while communicating and modeling the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Assists Director Real Estate in communications with outside legal counsel to prepare purchase contracts and leases.
- Works with government officials, utility companies and suppliers to ensure project deadlines are met
- Consults with outside parties to assess environmental and geotechnical issues and concerns.
- Works with governmental agencies, engineers, and architects to develop plans that meet company design criteria.
- Assists Director Real Estate in the negotiation of lease or purchase agreements as well as with the sale of closed or excess properties (including employee-owned homes), renewals, and cancellations
- Assists Director Real Estate in presenting the ALDI prototype and plans at various meetings.
- Assists Director Real Estate with site and building cost estimates.
- Works with third party vendors to procure the proper equipment, fixtures, and refrigeration for the division, as required.
- Communicates with Operations personnel as appropriate and provides training on facility and equipment warranties and building maintenance.
- Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
- Communicates and coordinates proactively with the National Real Estate Office
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
- Liaises with divisions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Monitors the construction process from ground breaking through issuance of final certificate of occupancy.
- Ensures all proper permits and bonds are secured, final approvals received and lien waivers obtained.
- Completes site evaluation forms for review by the Director Real Estate.
- Ensures the successful completion of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates large maintenance and reset projects for existing stores.
- Assures closing paperwork and legal documents are executed properly and forwarded to National Finance & Administration Services (NFA)
- Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Identifies and communicates new ideas and cost saving opportunities to construct or remodel facilities at lower costs.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
- Manage and Support Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business
- Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
- Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction
- Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company
- Conflict management skills
- Understands cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis strategies and how to effectively apply them in decision-making
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner
- Knowledge of design, construction, renovation, and rebuilding techniques.
- Ability to build, employ labor and construct facilities to the desired goal within budget
- Successfully manages the work effort of outside resources within the desired timeline and budget.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Sciences, Construction Management, or a related field required.
- Or, multi year progressive experience in Construction Management, Retail Construction, or Real Estate Operations is also acceptable.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
Domestic travel required.
- Up to 30%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.