LIEUTENTANT - #495636
The GEO Group, Inc.
Date: 10/14/2021 17:01 PM
City: Brackettville, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Facility: KINNEY COUNTY DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: 51,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervises security/control activities and staff in an assigned area, which provides for maximum facility coordination in inmate/detainee supervision and safety, in addition to the preparation of required records and reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment of detainees/inmates.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees/inmates and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among detainees/inmates.
- Directs the work of other employees. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Makes assignments, reviews post orders and assures that all procedures including emergency procedures are in place and staff is trained in proper implementation.
- Reviews disciplinary matters concerning both staff and detainees.
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems; making referrals for more complex problems.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned by management. Maintains daily logs as required.
- Responsible for attaining facility goals/objectives and ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures for security operations.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee/inmate staff. May provide detainee supervision and security in other areas as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a correctional setting. One (1) year of experience in a correctional supervisory capacity preferred.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.