CDA Coordinator - #495637
Community Coordinated Child Care, Inc.
Date: 10/14/2021 17:01 PM
City: Louisville, Kentucky
Salary: $43,000 - $48,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) is a non-profit resource and referral agency located in Louisville, KY that provides a comprehensive approach to coordinating child care services in the local community. For over 50 years, 4-C has supported and enhanced the child care industry and continues its tradition of supporting families by coordinating a vision of a high-quality early childhood care system available to all children and families.
Our agency is currently looking for a CDA Coordinator to join our team. The CDA Coordinator will create and implement Child Development Associate (CDA) credentialing classes for early childhood educators. Responsibilities include directing, instructing, organizing, and collaborating with partner agencies, Head Start staff, students, and classes. The CDA Coordinator will provide instruction to adult learners by providing creative, hands-on experiences that assist individuals in earning the CDA credential.
- Prepare, review, and implement lessons based on course syllabus using the learning management system according to the required content areas of the Child Development Associate (CDA).
- Ensure all lessons incorporate principles of adult learning and a variety of training modalities
- Evaluate and advance educators through the CDA process to ensure completion.
- Provide support to educators as they pursue their goals.
- Locate and secure locations for CDA classes.
- Market and recruit for all CDA classes.
- Collect, audit, and maintain CDA student files to ensure required documentation is included.
- Provide technical assistance to CDA candidates in person, virtually, by phone, by email, or text message.
- Assist with CDA portfolios, test scheduling, observation scheduling, and scholarship application.
- Monitor and report monthly progress of CDA classes.
- Develop CDA partnerships with key partners.
- Attend required meetings with agency and state professional development colleagues and other scheduled events.
- Document class evaluations for continuous improvement.
- Use technology to enhance learning.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with community partners and maintain them over time.
- Develop and deliver other professional development opportunities for early childhood educators as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Arts in Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field required.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the early childhood field or equivalent experience working with families and children.
- Level 4 or 5 KY Trainer's Credential preferred.
- Experience in CDA instruction and portfolio development preferred.
- Local travel is required for this position. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to think creatively.
- Strong technology skills with the ability to develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems or products.
The continued success of our organization depends on the recruitment, selection and retention of the most qualified and professional staff. We need individuals who are committed to providing the highest quality service to our clients, to each other, and to the community.
Community Coordinated Child Care offers competitive salaries and benefits that include:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Community Coordinated Child Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19