Member Service Representative - #495651
SCE Federal Credit Union
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: Henderson, Nevada
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Member Service Representative (MSR) Provides leadership and supports activities to ensure quality control of new accounts, teller operations that include transactions, balancing, audits, management of lobby traffic, and facility opening and closing responsibilities. Performs teller duties and meets assigned sales standards. Interviews members and potential members for membership and obtains information to determine their financial service needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a high level of prompt, efficient and friendly member service. Greets members with a smile, makes eye contact, uses their name and acknowledges members waiting in line.
- Supports management of teller line and lobby traffic to maintain low member wait times. Makes recommendations to the Branch Management to improve efficiencies of the Teller area.
- Provides assistance on inquiries, transactions and problem resolution.
- Troubleshoots member issues with remote and online services such as online banking access, mobile banking, remote deposit, bill pay and debit card maintenance.
- Refers issues requiring second level support to appropriate personnel.
- Submits all information timely to the appropriate department and submits all required information timely to the appropriate department.
- May assist other branches with coverage needs as necessary and requested by Branch Management by temporarily filling vacant positions due to vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, etc.
- Actively recommends and cross-sells financial solutions such as loans, savings, checking accounts, CDs and other deposit products and services.
- Actively refers financial solutions and recommends appropriate products and services such as Auto Buying, Insurance and WM.
- Submits referrals to appropriate branch personnel and followups to close sales in order to achieve referral standards.
- Followups and acts to close sales in order to achieve referral standards.
- Contacts prospective and current members to present information on available loan products, deposit accounts, investment services and promotional offers to obtain additional business.
- Gathers and submits mortgage referrals to our mortgage division for follow-ups on first mortgage loans.
- Applies knowledge of credit union systems, policies, and procedures.
- Applies identification procedures to protect member information.
- Complies with state and federal regulations including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
- Processes transactions such as check cashing, transfers, loan payments, withdrawals, deposits, and sells negotiable items and gift cards. Examines checks for endorsements, forgery or alterations and places appropriate holds. Provides assistance and approvals beyond Teller team limits.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer. Reports any discrepancies to the Branch Management. Scans checks for electronic transmission to check clearing processor.
- Reviews account history and activity to determine availability of funds and release holds on check deposits, ATM and shared branch transactions.
- Turns in member documents for timely QA and scanning as outlined in the Branch Scanning Procedures. May also perform quality assurance review of member account applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Knowledge and experience in Teller operations and cash handling as would be obtained by two years or more of experience in Teller activities in a Credit Union or similar financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to assess members' needs and determine which financial services can best satisfy those needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities
Sales, problem-solving, and member service skills are required. Must be outgoing, assertive, and possess a positive attitude with the ability to multi-task and work in a team environment. Good written and oral communication skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The team member is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.