FT Psychiatric/DD Nurse - #495652
State of Ohio Jobs
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: Athens, Ohio
Salary: $3,003 - $4,200 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Work Locations: Appalachia Behav - Athens 100 Hospital Drive Athens 45701
Organization: Mental Health & Addiction Services - Appalachian Behavioral Healthcare
Classified Indicator: Classified
Bargaining Unit / Exempt: Bargaining Unit
Compensation: $30.03 - $42.00
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Job Function: Mental Health
Agency Contact Name: Human Resources
Agency Contact Information: Ashley.Waters@mha.ohio.gov
FT Psychiatric/DD Nurse
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse
Do you have the passion to make a difference in the lives of your fellow Ohioans?
The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) operates regional psychiatric hospitals in six locations across the state. Our specialized facilities provide short-term, intensive treatment to patients in both inpatient and community-supported environments. We also deliver comprehensive care to patients committed by criminal courts.
- Contribute & Collaborate
- Serve Compassionately
- Deliver Quality
- Be Accountable
We’re recruiting for an Ohio-licensed registered psychiatric nurse who enjoys working as an active member of a collaborative clinical team and is passionate about helping patients in their recovery journey. Salary range is $62,000 - 85,000 annually.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Be part of a nationally recognized agency whose employees compassionately provide mental health and addiction prevention, treatment, and recovery services to all Ohioans - #teamOhio
- Up to $3000 annually for tuition reimbursement, professional development, and continuing education opportunities
- 8 or 12 hour shifts available
- Guaranteed 10 paid holidays
- Health insurance upon hire – state of Ohio pays 85% of premium
- Free family dental & vision after one year of service
- Free basic life insurance after one year of service
- Up to $350 in wellness incentives annually for employee and spouse
- 80 hours of vacation advancement upon hire
- Generous sick and personal leave with cash out option at end of each year
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System [OPERS]; state of Ohio contributes 14%
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- More Total Reward benefits here!
Requires current license as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Revised Code.
Knowledge of professional nursing procedures; psychiatric or developmentally disabled nursing*; employee training & development*; state & federal regulations, policies & procedures as related to nursing; public relations*; counseling*. Skill in operation of medical equipment. Ability to deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; write meaningful, concise & accurate reports; demonstrate physical fitness. (*)Developed after employment.
There are currenly two vacant positions available. Only one application is needed to be considered for both positions.
Background Check Information
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant’s prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
The state of Ohio and OhioMHAS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you are an applicant who is selected for an interview and require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Office so proper arrangements can be made.