Terminal Mgr-Cluster I - #495653
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: McCammon, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Responsible to lead, manage and coordinate the operations of multiple small size facilities clustered together for inbound and/or outbound delivery of freight. Ensure terminals meets operational and revenue goals and ensure maximum cost-effective methods while achieving customer satisfaction for the service area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as Leader emulating the behaviors expected by the company of all employees.
- Coordinate all activities related to the operations to ensure continuous improvement while reducing costs and to meet or exceed customer expectations for on-time delivery.
- Drive for departmental results and identify potential problems to implement a corrective action plan.
- Manage the hiring process by hiring the best-qualified applicants and by ensuring compliance with company and government regulations.
- Facilitate education and training programs to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work processes.
- Conduct performance reviews. Focus on development and career planning for the service team.
- Review and analyze expenditure, financial and operations reports to determine the requirement for increasing profits and improving processes. Prepare recommendations on findings for regional management evaluation. Prepare budget and monitor monthly variance.
- Support sales efforts to achieve quota attainment by maintaining contact with the customer service team and by establishing relationships with customers.
- Establish and maintains an effective relationship with the local union and utilize extensive knowledge of the local union contracts to work with local unions.
- Provide a safe and efficient working environment for employees and the public by ensuring compliance with company and government safety regulations.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Earning Trust - Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenges.
- Execution -Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those metrics.
- Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to implement better approaches to address problems and opportunities; leading the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or related field or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Strong decision-making ability with excellent customer focus and demonstrated attention to detail with proven track record for delivering results.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, prioritization and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of National Masters Freight agreement, OSHA, and applicable local collective bargaining agreements.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Seven (7) years of operations leadership experience.
- Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
This job frequently operates in a professional office environment indoors and occasionally on dock and shop floors in the terminal. Employee may occasionally encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Continually speaking and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasionally reaching or stretching and crouching or stooping. Seldom lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying up to 50 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer