Inpatient Mental Health Nurse Manager - #495660
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: Hutchinson, Minnesota
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Looking for a unique blend of Managment and patient care? We have a rare and unique opportunity for a RN Nurse Manager in our Inpatient Mental Health. Be a part of a management team that includes two other nurse managers who collaboratively work together to provide excellent patient care while sharing the responsibility of management duties.
The RN Manager in Inpatient Mental Health Services is a professional RN functioning as a member of the Psychiatric Treatment Team on the Mental Health Unit. The RN works directly with patients within the acute inpatient programs and assumes responsibility for providing and supervising nursing care provided in these programs. The RN management team is responsible for management of all Inpatient Services, using clinical judgment and decision-making abilities.
Previous experience working Mental Health Unit is required as well as experience in managing others, work effectively as a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of all Leaders:
- Provide Leadership consistent with Hutchinson Health’s vision of Health as it could be, Affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust.
- Maintain a consistent, visible and positive role within the organization.
- Ensure departments are in compliance with all laws and regulatory bodies. Communicates and educates staff and develops processes to ensure compliance is continuously met.
- Practices fiscal responsibility and cost control by monitoring and adhering to financial reports, forecasts and budgets. Includes staff in continuous efforts of financial improvement.
- Plans and delegates the work of others. Maintains appropriate staffing and follows service area productivity guidelines and expectations. Involves staff in continuous efforts to identify and implement productivity improvement initiatives.
- Monitors patient experience, quality and/or customer service as applicable and involves staff in continuous efforts towards improvement.
- Follows HR policies. Interviews, hires, orients and trains new staff. Supervises, coaches, counsels and appraises service area staff. Retains solid and high performing staff.
- Facilitates communication and teamwork between departments to build relationships and facilitate department and interdepartmental success.
- Develops and tracks service area policies procedures, processes and competencies and communicates updates and changes regularly with staff. Manages service area contracts per Contract Review policies.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities for this service area leader:
- Provides direct patient care with a focus on mentoring staff nurses.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning, identifying barriers and creating solutions to support patient care across clinical areas.
- Develops and monitors quality processes/programs for providing care on Inpatient Mental Health.
- Works with the Quality Department to collect data on patient outcomes and track data points. Designs initiatives to meet evidence-based quality standards. Participates in clinical and quality committees, implementing current evidence-based practice at the bedside. Reviews and updates unit procedures, policies and protocols, mentoring staff nurses in quality initiatives and policy management.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulation/requirements specific to Behavioral Health (Joint Commission, DHS, CMS and Third Party Payers).
- Develops, accomplishes and evaluates service area goals, based on organizational strategic and financial and focus.
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to articulate professional scope of practice for all nursing disciplines. Understands and upholds the standards of nursing practice for all clinical areas.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training or Degree Required:
Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota required.
- Certification in Mental Health Nursing preferred
- Current CPR certification required.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on an Inpatient Mental Health Unit required.
- Demonstrated management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written/oral communication skills required.
- Ability to build consensus and form teams required.
- Ability to manage conflict and lead through transitions and change required.
- Job ID: 398
Department: Mental Health
City: Hutchinson, MN
Location: Hutchinson Hospital
- Position Type: Part-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: Varies
Hrs/Pay Period: 64