Production Operator - #495661
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: Sacramento, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- This position is located at our Sacramento Plant – 6801 Florin Perkins Rd, Sacramento, CA 95828
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 2pm-10:30pm
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Production Operator will thrive in a positive work environment that they not just enjoy, but contribute to; share in successes and overcome challenges together.
In particular, you will:
- Operate forklift and safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
- Identify, sort, and palletize cylinders for efficient refilling and handling.
- Inspect cylinders prior to filling using standard operating procedures.
- Complete activity/deficiency reports as required.
- Replace safety valves on cylinders.
- Remove and replace labels.
Are you a MATCH?
- Ability to read and comprehend load sheets and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Must have a good attitude and work ethic and be dependable.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability