Registered Nurse RN - Bayfront Health St. Petersburg - Neuro ICU - Pool - #495671
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: Anna Maria, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Registered Nurse RN - Bayfront Health St. Petersburg - Neuro ICU - Pool
Department: BHSP Neuro ICU
Status: Pool/Per Diem
701 6th Street South,
St. Petersburg, Florida, 33701,
ABOUT BAYFRONT HEALTH
Situated in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg on Florida’s Gulf coast, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg has served the residents of the region for more than 100 years and joined the Orlando Health system in 2020. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary care center and a Level II Trauma Center, the only adult trauma center in Pinellas County. The hospital offers many areas of expertise, including surgery and trauma, neuroscience, cardiology, acute rehabilitation and obstetrics/NICU care. The hospital also is recognized as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, a Level IV Epilepsy Center and, in partnership with Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, is a state-certified Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, one of only 13 in Florida. The hospital also offers a range of outpatient services, including imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation, cardiovascular and wound care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Maintains current Florida RN license
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS is required for certain areas
- Other certifications as specific to unit.
- Twelve months hospital RN experience required
- Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required.
- Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I
- Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
BENEFITS START DAY ONE!
- 403B (with matching!)
- Up to $5,000 Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to $1200 annually Loan Repayment Program
- Incentive Programs / Ladders
- And much more!
- Assesses patient’s needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient’s status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients’ rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.