SAP PROJECT SPECIALIST - #495683
Date: 10/14/2021 17:30 PM
City: Rome, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SAP Project Specialist
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
The WSP Power Group is driven to provide our clients with solutions to challenging projects. We are passionate about the industry, and passionate about providing engineering consulting services across a wide range of engineering disciplines.
WSP has an immediate opening for a SAP Project Specialist with strong administrative and organizational skills to join our growing Augusta, Maine based Power Team. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting and dynamic team of professionals. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a stimulating work.
The WSP Power Practice provides services on a wide range of projects including engineering & operations services for design and construction of Substations & Transmission Lines . Our ideal candidate will support our client teams that are managing and overseeing multiple areas including capitalized and gross labor costs, capital improvement spend, and operating expenses as well as optimize reporting metrics the Project Specialist will also work on increasing efficiencies in reporting and impacting results.
- Build and manage reports using Excel and MSFT Access
- Manage and use specific data in SAP to build reports
- Communicate with managers on core metrics and address questions as they arise
- Regularly communicates with stakeholders to provide status updates.
- Build successful and productive working relationships with all levels of employees
Who You Are
- High School Diploma
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience working in a corporate or commercial environment
- Previous experience Using SAP
- Strong Excel experience building pivot tables and creating reports
- Experience with using MSFT Access is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with strong initiative and a sense of urgency
- Ability to handle multiple demands with drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Team oriented
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 5 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: AUGUSTA - EDISON DR
- All locations: US-ME-Augusta
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.