Care Management Nurse - #495708
The University of Kansas Hospital
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: Overland Park, Kansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Care Management Nurse
Blue Ridge Family Physicians, Indian Creek Medical Office Building
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Care Management Nurse provides intervention for patients enrolled in the care management program; develops comprehensive plan of care for patient's individual needs that transition across the health care delivery system.
- Accurately gathers and interprets information obtained to identify patients suitable for effective intensive care management intervention.
- Develops relationships with patients enrolled in the care management program and competently uses assessment skills to identify physical, psycho-social, financial, and environmental health care needs of the patient.
- Assesses and identifies appropriate resource utilization, level of care, and treatment options to develop a comprehensive plan of care that is specific to the member's individual needs with the goal of optimizing the member's health status, self-management, and promotion of safe transitions of care. The care plan will be constructed utilizing evidence-based care guidelines, preventive guidelines, protocols and other metrics in a partnering approach with the patient and clinical team, which will promote and positively impact quality outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
- Educates the patient and appropriate ancillary personnel about the health care needs, safety issues and benefits which include patient education tools that can be used by those in the care management program.
- Collaborates with the clinical staff in the development and execution of the plans of care and achievement of goals.
- Researches, secures, and links resources, services and supports with/for the patient and family.
- Coordinates care of patients, focusing in particular on transitions of care across the healthcare delivery system.
- Utilizing available electronic tools, such as EMR, to efficiently document assessments, clinical finds, multiple and completed needs, plans of treatment and progress toward goals.
- Actively participates in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate and completes all position safety related competencies and requirements on a timely basis.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties and may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Active nursing license in Missouri and Kansas
Strong computer/typing skills.
- Efficiently enters information in EMR while interacting with patients telephonically or in person.
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.