Loader Operator - #495709
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: Machiasport, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who We Are
Eurovia USA is a full-service construction company, capable of handling projects of every size and scope. Our list of services includes roadway construction, railway and bridge construction, asphalt manufacturing and paving, sitework and development, and more. Every year, we plan and build hundreds of public and privately funded projects safely, successfully, and with an innovative approach to give our clients the greatest possible value for their investment. Eurovia USA is part of Eurovia and has multiple subsidiaries including Hubbard, Blythe Construction and Eurovia Atlantic Coast. Northeast Paving is a subsidiary of Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC
- Inspects equipment/machinery for safe day-to-day operation and for general maintenance needs.
- Operates various heavy equipment, such as dozers, scrapers, loaders, excavators, tractors, front loaders and back hoes, to excavate, move and grade earth.
- Interacts with construction general laborers and/or crew members who are facilitating alignment, movement, and adjustment of the equipment to complete conformation of grade specifications for the construction project.
- Turn valves to control air and water output of compressors and pumps.
- Adjusts control wheels, handles and depresses pedals to drive machinery and control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers and swing booms.
General - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience - This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Must understand the different signals used to signal operators of construction machinery.
- Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
Physical Demands - The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Loader Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant pushing/pulling is required when the employee operates hand controls. Initial force to pull open the cab door is influenced by the weather. Moderate wind yielded force pound recording of up to 50 lbs. of force to pull the cab door open/close.
- Minimal sedentary to light level of lifting is required occasionally, such as hand- held radios and other personal belongings into the truck cab.
- Sitting on a constant basis as the operators perform their Seated positions in the cab can vary depending on the type of machinery they operate. Twisting of the upper back/thoracic area to view surrounding areas and other moving vehicles/equipment occurs on a constant basis.
- Alternate between standing and walking on an occasional basis to access the machinery/equipment.
- Safe negotiation of uneven terrain in various weather conditions is required.
- Frequent climbing is performed to enter/exit the equipment or machinery via ladder.
- Occasionally crawls to check equipment/machinery for safe day-to-day operation and for general maintenance needs.
- Forward torso bending is required to reach the hand controls of machinery or during inspection of the equipment.
- Squatting/Kneeling may be required during general inspection of machinery/equipment.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Loader Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near other heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.