Data Center Project Manager - DeKalb IL - #495714
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: DeKalb, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you are a Project Manager looking for an exciting role working with industry leaders, look no further! Black Box is hiring a Data Center Project Manager as part of our strategic growth initiative to work with our customer - the largest social media giant in the world.
Job Location: DeKalb, IL.
The Data Center Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing all aspects of the projects assigned in terms of revenue value and complexity. The PM has ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of assigned projects within our hyperscale data center customer base, where success is defined as on schedule, on budget, within the approved scope, and with a high degree of quality. The PM is the main point of contact with the client and is responsible for customer satisfaction on assigned projects. In this role, the PM is responsible for project revenue forecasting, profitability, cost, quality, and schedule. Additionally, having a consultative approach to the client is required in this role.
The PM’s Essential Functions are:
- Overall leadership, direction-setting, delegation, and decision making for the onsite Data Center team,
- To follow PMO standards and methodologies for project cost and price budgeting, forecasting and controls
- To be the onsite point of contact to lead the hyperscale data center build project,
- To ensure success of the project by making key decisions and balancing workload,
- To develop and execute consistent and repeatable runbooks, processes, and tools,
- To be able to track to a Balanced Scorecard with critical KPIs, and
- To establish and maintain strong relationships with the client leadership team.
Ideal Fit Factors:
- Project Manager with Data Center experience pertaining to structured cabling (OSP, ISP, BMS) having worked with Hyperscalers (large-scale data center deployments) and/or General contractors.
- Alternatively, we are open to a Project Manager with telecom or electrical experience or similar scope within the hyperscaler data center level and is coachable - the key for people with this background is the ‘scale’ of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Area of Study / Degree: BA, Project Management, Engineering, IT or business is desired but not required
- Certifications Preferred: PMP, RCDD, DCDC
- Experience managing large-scale / Hyper-scale data center implementations as a project manager pertaining to structured cabling (OSP, ISP, BMS)
- Experience working with General Contractors and other trades preferred
- Consulting experience a plus
- SAP user experience a plus
What's in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You’ll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You’ll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world's most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you’ll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box® is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- One location