Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Dayshift- Frid-Sun- FULL TIME (+Shift Differential) - #495718
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: Waterloo, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Techo-Bloc, we aren’t just paving patios – we’re paving the way for great careers! Founded on a culture of innovation, we manufacture landscaping products focused on design, durability and flair. Our growing team is seeking passionate people, ready to make an impact.
Why Work for Us?
We love to brag. Techo-Bloc offers its valued associates a competitive salary, paid time off and a comprehensive benefits package. Here are a few of our perks:
- Medical Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Discount on Products
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Complete uniform provided after 3 months.
- Training & Development
Our people are the best part of the job.
The Pen Argyl team is an industrious group, who thrive together when challenged. Passionate about their craft, these folks take pride in the Artscape of their work and the Techo-Bloc brand. This crew values a ‘can do’ attitude and is quick to embrace those eager to learn.
Intrigued? Come grow with us.
Techo Bloc is on the hunt for their next Maintenance Technician, in support of the weekend day shift. This position is perfect for a highly motivated professional, who excels with preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and industrial repairs.
- Schedule is FULL TIME....three 12 hour shifts; Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 6am to 6pm
- $6 per hour shift differential on Saturday and Sunday.
- Location: Waterloo, IN
Here is a snapshot of your day-to-day:
- Partners with maintenance team to optimize productivity, determine maintenance needs and estimate repair time(s).
- Actively communicates breakdowns, quality concerns and job-related documentation.
- Maintains and troubleshoots Hydraulics, Compressors, Industrial Presses and Pneumatics.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on machines and electrical systems.
- Assist with precision alignment (drive trains, conveyors, and machine frames).
- Verifies equipment to ensure proper functioning and detects potential problems.
- Utilize power tools and measuring devices to investigate and repair equipment.
- Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), while maintaining safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Operates product line machinery and equipment in a safe and efficient manner while following schedule.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- 2+ years’ experience in a maintenance position.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing, industrial or similar environment.
- Familiarity or ‘hands on’ experience with hydraulics, compressors and pneumatics.
- Ability to maintain and operate cranes, forklifts and aerial manlifts.
- Basic to Intermediate Electrical skills; certification is a plus.
- Welding Experience (Stick, MIG or TIG)
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Goal oriented; takes the initiative to perform and deliver results with limited direct supervision.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude. Previous machinist experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills.
- Plant: Exposure to vibration, exposure to moving mechanical parts, exposure to very loud noises, humidity/wet conditions/heat or cold, exposure airborne particles or fumes
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms talk or hear and smell
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, knee crouch or crawl
Essential characteristics of a successful Industrial Mechanic
- Loyalty, honesty and transparency
- Have a strong work ethic, always consider the Company’s best interest before making a decision
- Delivery results with the highest quality standards
- Have a customer oriented approach
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.