PET STYLIST/GROOMER-Charlotte, NC - #495735
NXTThing RPO, LLC
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: Charlotte, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof.
Immediately hiring! $1,000-1,500 sign on bonus. Ability to begin work in a couple days!
Shift Schedule: Flexible Scheduling, Full-time status
Rate of Pay: 50% Commission, On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Groom, bathe, rinse, brush, and dry guests.
- Provide customer service in the form of consultations and explanation of services available/rendered with explanation of costs.
- Clean and maintain the grooming room and equipment.
- Identify external parasites and report them to the Resort Manager, Resort Assistant Manager or the Resort Supervisor.
- Work inside in a heated with high humidity area, with loud background noise from the dryers.
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
The work environment at Pet Paradise is fast-paced and the noise level is usually loud. The safety of our team members and pets is a high priority. As a groomer, you may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Animals may scratch and/or bite. Due to our unique work environment, you may occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions or high, precarious places. You may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Groomers must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A team lift may be required for heavier items. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to talk and hear; stand for long periods at a time; walk; reach with hands and arms; have full use of both hands to properly secure animals; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to handle a variety of sizes/breeds of canines and felines safely and comfortably
- Reliable and flexible to Resort scheduling needs including weekends and holidays as these are our busiest times.
Perks & Benefits
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp – Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
2919 Boyer Street
Charlotte, NC 28208
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.