HR Generalist - St. Louis, MO - #495742
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: Frontenac, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job ID: 339442
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The HR Generalist serves as a liaison between management and employees, aligning people with business requirements for skillsets and behaviors. Partnering with local management, regional staff, corporate staff and the VP/GM will be vital to the role. Administers and executes policies relating to all aspects of Human Resources including payroll practices and employee benefit programs.
Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources and Payroll policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Supports talent management review and succession planning processes, helping shape the future organization by aligning needs of the business with employee strengths while planning to address gaps through training or repositioning.
- Assists in assessing current organizational strengths and makes recommendation for improvement, from building on existing competencies to adjusting org structure to best serve the business.
- Observes legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and reporting.
- Key participant in all aspects of the onboarding of new personnel including; recruiting, interviewing, background checks, employment references and drug screenings. This may involve outside vendors for temp labor
- Administers all employee benefits, retirement, insurance and employee assistance programs.
- Coordinates Annual business meetings as needed.
- Reviews, assesses and initiates any changes needed to current processes, content or procedures to best fit with the needs of the business and align with broader Oldcastle policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job maybe assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
Experience / Skill Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent business management track
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills, in-person and written.
- Able to present information and respond to questions from managers, employees and the public as needed
- Able to coach employees and management through complex situations.
- The ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Able to properly manage confidential information.
- Travel up to 50% of the time
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.