Manager Manufacturing Engineering 2 – Redondo Beach, CA - #495743
Date: 10/14/2021 18:00 PM
City: Redondo Beach, California
Salary: $116,200 - $174,200 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition ID: R10007074
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach - CA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.If this is YOU…keep reading!Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector has openings for Manufacturing Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California and is a first shift position with the following schedule: 9/80; hours: 6AM to 3:30PM.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
The selected candidate will support the requirements of an expanding and technologically diverse manufacturing assembly line and delivery center that will produce multiple variations of the three F35 Air Vehicle variants. The manager will have direct budget responsibility, and day to day Management for approximately 10-15 Engineers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo. The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years’ experience or a Master’s Degree with 5 years of experience in aviation, aerospace, general engineering and/or manufacturing
- 1 year of experience in a leadership role
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance within a reasonable period of time as determined by the company to meet its business need
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in a STEM field
- Knowledge of aircraft operations, maintenance and aircraft scheduling
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft scheduling
- Technical management experience with expertise in both manufacturing process development and production process engineering.
- An active DoD Secret clearance
- Special Program Access
Salary Range: 116200 - 174200
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.