PART TIME Instructional Assistant - #495748
Smithville School District
Date: 10/14/2021 18:01 PM
City: Smithville, Missouri
Salary: $1,444 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The job of Instructional Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students; and providing clerical support to teacher/s and staff.
PART TIME HOURS ARE AVAILABLE
This job reports to Principal.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher (e.g. working one on one with assignments and activities, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and student progress.
- Assists student(s), individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. reading stories, listening to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforcing lessons, providing spelling practice, facilitating activities, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. providing input on present functioning and needs of student at team meetings, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with teachers, students, staff (e.g. reinforcing student learning and performance expectation established by certificated staff members, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives, and maintaining necessary confidentiality.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items, providing written reference, providing a safe learning environment, and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors and supervises individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, library, lunchroom, bus loading/unloading, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Performs other related duties as needed and as assigned. (e.g. personal care assistance such as toileting, diapering, washing, lifting, teeth brushing, breakfast, lunch, CICO, triage, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the one-on-one assignment within the work unit.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, inappropriate social and physical behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured student, physical confrontations, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel (e.g. assisting in evaluating and adapting instructional strategies and materials, assisting implementing accommodations through the administration of state and district-wide assessment, assisting with classroom and behavior management strategies as appropriate, working closely with OT/PT and other therapies, etc.) for the purpose of assisting the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; physical restraint practices; adhering to safety practices and procedures; and administering first aid.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: concepts of grammar and punctuation; stages of child development and learning styles; and age appropriate activities; age appropriate activities/behaviors; knowledge of community resources; methods of instruction and training; practicing cultural competency while working collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals; and safety practices and procedures.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: working with constant interruptions; communicating with persons of diverse backgrounds; maintaining confidentiality; adapting to changing work priorities; setting priorities; working with detailed information/data; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 50% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Job related experience is desired.
Community college and/or vocational school degree with study in job-related area.
Required Testing: Post Offer Physical Exam
Certificates and Licenses: Substitute Certificate or MEGA Paraprofessional
Clearances: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Primary Location Eagle Heights Elementary School Salary Range $14.44 / Per Hour Shift Type Part-Time
Job Contact Information
Name Renee Slack