MAINTENANCE TECH - #495757
TM ASSOCIATES MANAGEMENT INC
Date: 10/14/2021 18:01 PM
City: Greenwood, Delaware
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
TM Associates is a family owned business united by its mission and defined by its values. We take our work personally, knowing the resident experiences we’re responsible for truly impact people. This belief—that of our founder, Tevis Margolis, continues to be realized through our growth from seven team members to over 500. Mr. Margolis’ drive to build a business dedicated to its people has resulted in a unified determination to meet each client's high expectations. Those expectations include building and managing the very best communities for the people who need them most.
We offer full medical, dental and vision insurance at an affordable rate on the first day after the first full calendar month of employment. With our 401K match program, you are eligible to start contributing on your first day of employment.
Our company takes pride in our employees. We believe we are the best because of our dedication to training, benefits and leadership.
Supervision and Direction: The Maintenance Person is responsible for operating and maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment used to provide heating and hot water for the property, assume the provision and maintenance of efficient building heat and air-conditioning functions including safety, maintenance, repairs, and other related services. The Maintenance Person will receive direction and instruction from the Site Manager and will coordinate their daily activities with that person.
- Full-time position working 30 hours per week
- Maintain heaters, air-conditioners, and other equipment in the buildings; to insure that the equipment is operating safely and efficiently; ensure continuous hot water service; determine by inspection that all control equipment is operating properly; check such items as circuit breakers, switches, relays, starters, connections and filters for mechanical and electrical faults, sign of wear, dirt, overloading, and other indications of trouble; and perform such preventive maintenance as lubricating motor hearings and pumps, replacing brushes and filters.
- Perform all necessary maintenance and repairs on apartments.
- Perform all necessary work to turn over units as they are vacated, including furniture removal
- Immediately report any health or safety issues to Site Manager
- Weekly inspect buildings, grounds and other public areas making a report on an
- inspection form and consult with the Site Manager regarding deficiencies.
- Periodically inspect building and grounds to determine necessary preventive maintenance needed and consult with the Site Manager regarding such conditions.
- Provide adequate and efficient housekeeping functions that assure cleanliness of all building halls, walls, stairways, grounds and other public areas, including cleaning light fixtures and mailbox fronts.
- Clean washers and dryers in laundry rooms on a regular basis.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to TMAM for site errands, including trips to banks, stores and other vendors.
- Pick up trash each day, clean sidewalks, edge all walks, cut and edge all grass around all buildings, trees, plants, etc.
- Report building damage or vandalism, unusual circumstances and conditions, and other related incidents to the Site Manager.
- Perform physical duties required to correct emergency conditions such as water flooding, sewer back-ups and responding to inclement weather events, including shoveling and chemical distribution
- Ensure that all maintenance work and repairs are properly recorded on work orders
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Delivery of appliances to units due to transfers, removals and/or replacements
- Able to climb ladders to a height of 20 feet
- Cut grass, trimming and other landscaping duties to maintain outside property areas in an acceptable manner using power equipment such as but not limited to mowers and snow blowers
- Provide own basic tools (or be willing to obtain the required hand tools prior to employment)
- Attend mandatory meetings and seminars
- Able to communicate both orally and in writing using English.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle transportation for errands from property.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Site Manager and/or TMAM Management