Residential Counselor (1st Shift, Monday - Friday) - #495758
Mental Health Connecticut Inc
Date: 10/14/2021 18:01 PM
City: Gaylordsville, Connecticut
Salary: $16 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Mental Health Connecticut (MHC) is a statewide not for profit provider agency that partners with individuals, their families, and the surrounding communities to create environments that support long-term health and wellness. We measure success by our ability to help individuals obtain a safe home, achieve whole health, realize a meaningful purpose, and develop connections in the community. MHC envisions a future where wellbeing is rooted in respect for the condition of being human. Our dedication to this mission is evident through our focus on community education, advocacy, and direct service.
MHC has two immediate full-time openings (Monday - Friday; varied first shift hours between 8:00 am - 6:00 pm) for a Residential Counselor within the Danbury area. This position will be responsible for documenting and delivering direct services, including Medicaid reimbursable services if applicable, to adult persons in recovery from chronic mental illness and other co-occurring disorders as outlined in their Individual Recovery Plans to improve their quality of life and maintain the highest possible ability to function in the community.
Salary: $16.00 per hour. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Cost share split 80/20 for individual and 70/30 for family)
- Dental (Same cost share as Medical)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Company paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Generous paid time off policy
The Residential Counselor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, deliver and document Individualized Recovery Plans (IRP's) to adult persons in recovery experiencing chronic mental health and substance use conditions including but not limited to teaching Activities of Daily Living (ADL) skills and basic life skills needed to maintain a clean and orderly environment by working directly with persons in recovery in their residences.
- Link and refer to appropriate community supports and resources advocating for and supporting person centered preferences.
- Monitor and document the self-administration of medications. Perform medication runs.
- Ensure safety of individuals in their residence through proper supervision of the site including but not limited to being cognizant of any treatment issues. This may specifically mean conducting rounds or on site check-ins with housed individuals.
- Develop and maintain confidential charts through accurate and timely documentation of daily progress, behaviors, unusual incidents or emergency events. Communicate immediate concerns with supervisory staff.
- Willing and able to drive a personally owned vehicle locally and within the state.
- Provide emergency coverage when necessary. May be required to remain on site until relieved on occasion.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in community mental health preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver’s license, auto insurance and registration.
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No Phone Calls Please