Mainframe Operations Specialist / Mainframe Operations Lead - #495760
VTekis Consulting LLP
Date: 10/14/2021 18:01 PM
City: Frisco, Texas
Contract type: Contractor
Work schedule: Full Day
VTekis Consulting LLC provides complete solutions for Staff Agumentation, Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Contract Hiring, Direct Hire and Outsourced Solutions. Our goal is to deliver quality professional services to our clients not just to find someone to do a job, we match the right professional for your staffing needs and earning confidence through the proper assignment of people. This alignment of people and companies allows us to create opportunity. Most importantly, We don’t consider the process complete until we find the perfect fit.
Technical Requirement / Roles & Responsibility
- Should have hands-on experience in mainframe Operations projects.
- Should have sound knowledge in the following mainframe skills: COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS, VSAM, SORT utilities, Sync Sort, File-AID, SPUFI, ISPF , CFI (File transfer) and SCM tools like Endevor.
- Ability to support the applications 24x7 job monitoring and troubleshooting
- Handle production operating system resource availability, reboot devices
- Should have exp in job monitoring and troubleshooting, productions abends and resolve the issues
- Perform root cause analysis, resolution and / or critical issue for production systems.
- Work closely with Console Operations, Scheduling, Infrastructure team and development teams to support the code deployments, cycle runs
- Monitoring various queues like Rdy, Act, Skel, ABEND and Late queue.
- Monitor scheduled batch jobs and batch cycles, resolving any non-application scheduling conflicts.
- Monitoring for SLA checklist and make sure of the SLA jobs completion within the given SLA time
- Performing Adhoc requests like Demanding, Canceling, Holding and JCL Override (proc override, parm override, executing the job from a different library).
- Alerts monitoring and Ticket Raising for outstanding messages and recycling various CICS/IMS/DB2 regions as per request by support team with approvals .
- Execute recovery procedures for production operating systems, devices and reply to control commands
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well across the team/organization.
- Monitor and execute production subsystem (e.g. IMS, CICS, DB2, IDMS) started tasks restarts
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and identify ambiguity and drive for clarity Capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Good to have Telecom Domain experience
- Should be flexible to work in 24*7 Shift
Should provide on call support
Thanks and Regards,
PH - 229-264-4029
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.