Principal Auditor - Professional Practices - #495771
Date: 10/14/2021 18:01 PM
City: Chandler, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
Principal Auditor – Professional Practices Group
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit is a provider of independent, objective assurance services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Strategy and Operations Group (SAOG) supports the entire audit department, providing the framework and methodology, control functions, and overall operational support for team members. SAOG looks to continuously enhance processes and policies to ensure Audit is as efficient and effective as possible in reaching its goals. Audit has a Principal Auditor opening in SAOG's Professional Practices team, which includes:
- Plan and Issue Management - This team coordinates the development of the annual audit plan and administers ongoing plan management and time tracking activities, including coverage monitoring, facilitation of the plan change management process and recurring reporting on audit plan metrics for senior leadership and the Board. It also supports the department in the ongoing monitoring and validation of audit and regulatory-sourced issues.
- Universe and Risk Assessment - This team is primarily responsible for management of the audit universe and risk assessment in AMS. This includes the processes in place to monitor universe completeness and oversight of ongoing risk assessment changes. This team also provides overall department support for data updates, data integrity monitoring, and ongoing system testing.
- Practices - The Practices team is responsible for Audit's methodology, policies, and procedures, as well as associated tools and templates. The team works to identify and implement the changes necessary in response to divisional initiatives, feedback, or other events. The team is also responsible for completing requests for information from parties outside Audit.
This position will focus be focused on initiatives supporting the Universe and Risk Assessment team. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, collaborate well with others, and possess excellent troubleshooting, technical and critical thinking skills.
- Communicating effectively (verbal and written) with internal and external partners understanding and applying appropriate level of detail in communication dependent upon audience
- Developing strong working relationships both within SAOG and with our audit team partners
- Executing and supervising multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
- Being flexible to add projects or shift priorities readily and efficiently
- Leading and enthusiastically sharing the benefits of change initiatives
- Understanding of Audit tools and methodology
- Understanding, interpreting, and presenting information in a well-organized and clear manner providing level of detail appropriate for a variety of stakeholders
- Ensuring the team delivers quality work on projects, on time
- Seek continuous quality improvement and efficiency opportunities within the portfolio.
Base salary range for this role is:
CO – Denver Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
May be considered for a discretionary bonus
Required locations listed on job posting. Relocation assistance not available for this position.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following audit or risk functions: covering risk identification, mitigation and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for risk.) demonstrated through work or military experience
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Audit universe and risk assessment experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
CO-Denver: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
AZ-Chandler: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
TX-Addison: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
TX-San Antonio: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.