Financial Counselor - #495777
UF Health Shands Hospital
Date: 10/14/2021 18:01 PM
City: Gainesville, Florida
Salary: $1,470 - $1,815 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Opening Summary
Deliver excellent patient-centered service by facilitating established financial processes that enable and expedite the billing and collection of professional services. This includes entering charges, applying coding/billing rules,; maximizing collections, verifying insurance, obtaining authorizations for services, reviewing patient account detail and financial counseling of patients. Accountable for resolution of front-end edits, rejections and information requests to achieve practice goals. This position interacts directly with internal and external customers of the practice. May be required to float to other UFHP practices or flex time, as needed, for staffing.
Job Opening Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of business/financial/physician practice experience required, e.g., preferably related to patient accounts and collections required
- Knowledge of CPT and diagnosis coding preferred
- Four-year degree may substitute for two years of financial/physician office experience
- Epic system knowledge preferred
- Associate degree's or equivalent course work may substitute for one year of required experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Incumbent must be comfortable collecting payments and counseling patients regarding financial matters in a professional manner
- The ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, problem solve and function in a team environment are necessary attributes of the successful incumbent.
Shift hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday