SELECTOR NEW ORLEANS - #495788
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Toca, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
$$ 500 SIGN-ON BONUS PAID AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT $$
- Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision packages
- Employer-paid basic life policy
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for selecting a product from an assigned area according to the pick slip.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties, which are necessary to carry out the function of Selector I, may also be assigned and are incorporated by reference into this job description
Responsible for accurately selecting the product from a pre-assigned location according to the pick slips; must read the nomenclature and unit of measure of the product requested and confirm that data with the product in the bin location
- Responsible for properly packing product in each container as indicated by the cubing function in the sequence of pick-slips
- Follows proper guidelines to ensure that there is no damage to the product during loading or shipping
- Responsible for marking load numbers on particular boxes
- Responsible for noting when product is available on pick-slip and further noting when the product is unavailable
- Reports to work on time, as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor for each shift, and complete duties in a timely manner
- Performs above listed duties in a cooperative, capable manner, processing the information effectively and communicating the information as needed effectively
The physical demands of this job include light physical activity performing light strenuous activities of an administrative, productive and/or technical nature that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently walk and occasionally talk or hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift 10 and occasionally lift up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a warehouse environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work near moving mechanical parts and in outdoor weather conditions. The employee may occasionally work in wet humid conditions. Certain selectors must work in the refrigerator and the freezer. The selectors working in the freezer are provided with suits, gloves, and face or headgear.
The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
All employees of the Company are employees’ at-will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in the Employee Handbook, or any document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT POLICY:
Imperial Trading Co., LLC hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Sunday 9 am to completion
Monday - Wednesday 12 pm to completion
Thursday 12:30 pm to completion