IT Specialist - #495792
Eglin Federal Credit Union
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Salary: $2,967 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Provides a secure and reliable infrastructure for the Credit Union to operate within. Installs, maintains, updates, configures, and secures: Network infrastructures, firewalls, servers, SAN, networking hardware, backups, software, and support documentation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Install, configure, and maintain: IPS/IDS, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, SIEM, VPN, and related equipment for maximum internal network protection.
· Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and test: Servers, SAN, Routers, and related networking equipment. Make recommendations for hardware and software upgrades and purchases.
· Ensure all firmware, servers, SAN, and related equipment is fully patched.
· Maintain and configure data backups. Maintain, update, and test every aspect of business continuity, hardware, and software.
· Perform firewall vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and remediate vulnerabilities.
· Configure and maintain Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare/Hyper-V, email, certificates, and group policy.
· Create IT documentation to facilitate install, configuration, and maintenance of equipment and software.
· Configure internal application file share and NTFS security for least privilege. Create and maintain scripts for automation of common tasks.
· Complete log reviews and checklists. Maintain records of maintenance and virus checks.
· Perform network and user administration, and provide advance technical support to Credit Union staff and members.
· Perform advanced network design, implementation, administration, and troubleshooting. On call availability for after-hours support, configuration, updates, and maintenance.
· Notify IT Manager of all unusual or recurring problems.
Provide professional courteous service to co-workers, employees, and members.
Maintain the highest level of integrity and conduct oneself in an ethical manner.
Have good verbal and communication skills.
Maintain good time management.
Actively support the mission, vision, and core values of the Credit Union.
Ensure servers, firewalls, networking equipment, SAN, and software is secured, maintained, and in good working order.
Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a timely, friendly, and accurate manner.
Consistently reliable in attendance, punctuality, and dependability.
Knowledge and Skills:
Three years to five years of similar or related experience. Must be able to troubleshoot, maintain, and configure: Servers, routers, firewalls, SAN, and networking equipment. Must be able to configure security scans, remediate vulnerabilities, and maintain confidential data.
(1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree). Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology. Certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, and Certified IT Specialist are preferred.
Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Must be available for on call after-hours support, configuration, and maintenance.
Must work as a part of the Disaster Recovery Team.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be willing to work flexible schedule as needed.
Must be able to drive to any EFCU location as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $29.67 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations