Serving Leader FT - #495795
Auburn Homes & Services
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Chaska, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Do you have a passion for helping people and want a rewarding career where there is a friendly and family atmosphere? Do you want to be an instrumental piece in working to provide a clean and safe environment while making a difference and enriching the lives of our senior residents?
If so, Auburn Homes and Services has a role awaiting you. We are currently seeking a Lead Server to come and join our Chaska campus team! If you are local or want a position that is close to home, our Chaska campus is located close to the twin cities metropolitan area.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Set, serve, organize, clean and stock dining rooms
- Establish a dining room deep cleaning schedule
- Take inventory of kitchen supplies and place orders appropriately
- Distribute, collect and communicate resident meal selections weekly
- Provide hands-on best practice training to newly hired staff for consistency
- Serve meals to residents completing all areas of dining experience
- Work with supervisor to discuss any performance concerns and provide input to performance reviews
Being part of the Auburn Homes & Services community, we realize that you as our staff member are our most important resource and therefore offer a variety of amenities including, but not limited to:
- Fun and home-like atmosphere
- Employee meals
- Continuing education
- Professional growth and promotions within the company
- Fulfillment of role
- And above all else… having fun and enjoying our wonderful residents!
Sample schedule (including a three-day weekend):
- Sunday: 8am - 2:30pm
- Monday: 8:30am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am - 5pm
- Thursday: 8:30am - 5pm
- Monday: 8:30am - 5pm
- Wednesday 8:30am - 5pm
- Thursday 8:30am - 5pm
- Friday 8:30am - 5pm
- Saturday 8:30am - 5pm
Answer the call and we welcome you to the Auburn Homes & Services family!
Come work with us!
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma
- Previous food service and customer service experience is a plus
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing food practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- Must be able to work every-other-weekend
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer