Student Success Coach - #495801
University of Houston- Victoria
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Victoria, Texas
Salary: $3,631 / month
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Organization: V0065 University College
Develops and implements proactive academic advising to underclassmen, un-declared majors, and at-risk student groups; supports retention of underclassmen and at-risk student groups by providing intrusive support and advising; and teaches two to three sections of UNIV courses per academic year.
- Conducts individual and group advising for undeclared majors and TSI incomplete students on matters related to core curriculum and development of an academic plan.
- Provides guidance and advice to students on academic planning, success strategies, and career exploration; monitors student progress through regular meetings.
- Executes an intrusive advising model designed to promote student success and retention through regular meetings with students.
- Collaborates with campus resources such as Career Services, the Student Success Center, the schools, and other departments to encourage academic success.
- Supports retention efforts of University College, including but not limited to TSI, NCBO, and ASR, through being knowledgeable about programs and encouraging student participation.
- Regularly coordinates and collaborates with school advisors and other university departmental administrators and staff regarding university-wide retention strategies.
- Regularly analyzes and reports results of student success measures, assessment policies, and data collection.
- Designs and serves as instructor for two to three sections of UNIV courses per academic year.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Master's degree in higher education, a related academic discipline, or an applicable field
Minimum Experience: (2) years related experience; prefer (2) years experience in student advising or academic coaching and experience teaching UNIV courses and/or core courses at the college or university level
Required Attachments by Candidate: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Resume, Transcripts, Other
Minimum Salary: 3,631.33 Monthly
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2021, 1:07:47 PM
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: Oct 28, 2021, 11:59:00 PM