Nursing Assistant II - Cardiothoracic - Covenant Medical Center - #495808
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Lubbock, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Unit Secretary with the MS Cardio-Thor S7 Department at Covenant Medical Center.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Responsible for maintaining the nursing station by performing clerical, order entry, and receptionist duties.
- Acts as a receptionist for the nursing station, answering inquiries of general nature through utilization of phone, patient call system, message relaying, and promotion of good working relationships with other hospital personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge, prioritizing and completing transcription of physician orders and data in a timely manner.
- Answers patient call system promptly and cordially and relays information to nurses immediately.
- Demonstrates efficiency and accuracy in maintaining the medical record.
- Demonstrates efficiency in performance of clerical duties to ensure efficient daily unit operation.
- Accurately charges and credits patient accounts per unit or department guidelines.
- Demonstrates responsibility for containment of hospital costs and conservation of office supplies; identifies potential cost savings.
- Establishes and maintains a satisfactory physical environment in the nurses’ station.
Minimum Position Requeirements
- Coursework/Training Cardiology:
- Training from Quality Management in coding metrics and length of stay parameters.
- Training in medical terminology.
Licenses and Certifications:
- BLS (AHA) certification within 30 days of hire.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: R344212