Tool & Die Maker B - #495818
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Honeoye Falls, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
Southco is currently accepting applications for our Tool & Die Maker position. This person is responsible for analyzing specifications, laying out metal stock, setting up and operating machine tools, and fitting/assembling parts to fabricate and repair stamping dies, multi-slide tooling, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, and gauges. This position is excellent for anyone with exceptional technical expertise and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Build and/or Service/Repair dies, tools, and molds, keeping cost in line with requirements.
- Solve any die and mold problems in regard to type, layout, development, and mathematics, so as to achieve expected performance in production.
- Repair, maintain and modify any dies, molds, fixtures, machines, tools, and tooling for production departments.
- Have active involvement and input in planning and designing molds, dies, and fixtures.
- Supervise and be a project leader in the course of building new dies, molds, prototypes, and fixtures.
- Improvise when necessary tools or equipment are not available.
- Perform assignments involving the field of model maker, gage maker, mold maker, jig grinder, jig borer operator, and machine builder.
- Keep abreast of all the latest developments and advances made within the trade.
- Purchase and maintain all the personal tools necessary to perform the above described duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Tool and Die Apprenticeship or equivalent work experience
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs/18 kgs
- Good mechanical ability
- Knowledge of metrics, shop trigonometry, and geometry
- Able to select most tooling materials
- Capable of operating all Tool Room machinery
- Able to interact with other departments at a design level
- Three to five years experience as Tool and Die Maker , or equivalent experience
- Safety and Quality Conscious
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.