General Maintenance Worker - #495828
ASRC Federal Holding Company
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Laie, Hawaii
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This role will support the Installation Support Services (ISS2) contract support on Wake Island.
This position will require that the employee work on site at Wake Island. Transportation from Honolulu, Hawaii to Wake Island will be furnished by government sponsored aircraft. Meals and housing will be provided by the program while working on the island. Employees will live in a dormitory housing environment and meals will be furnished daily through the cafeteria commissary
Key Role: Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings to include painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and grounds maintenance. Assist various Journeyman level trades personnel and performs assigned work order and recurring maintenance tasks with minimal supervision.
- Supplies workers with materials and tools; holds materials or tools; cleans work area, machines, and equipment.
- Makes repairs to walls and ceilings using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks, including replacing or repairing ceiling tiles.
- Replaces or repairs sinks, water coolers, and/or toilets.
- Assists with corrosion control techniques for structures and equipment.
- Replaces or repairs concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, doors, windows, and associated hardware.
- Performs general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Removes vegetation using walking or riding lawn mowers, weed eaters, and similar equipment.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of office equipment and household furniture, equipment, and appliances as needed.
- Inspects work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, policies, and regulations
- Responds to call-outs after normal working hours, as needed.
- Performs other tasks as directed
- Safe use of hand and power tools used in the course of routine or incidental work performed
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Airfield Safety to include but not limited to: Flight line driving, communications and radio protocols, FOD prevention, Environmental Protection and Pollution Prevention and aircraft movement
- Training IAW the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines for pest control
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to understand and speak English.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Ability to pass a National Agency Check with Inquires background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law