Director, Global Insights & Analytics - #495831
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Foster City, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for delving into data to find connections that spark amazing insights that drive business results? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Insights & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for you to use your skills to uncover insights about brand and advertising across a range of audiences that will provide momentum for the future of our company and brand.
This role is responsible for market research project management, data analysis and other global initiative support within the Global Insights & Analytics team.
This position will be an individual contributor, and will report to the Sr. Director – Global Insights & Analytics. In this role you will support the broader Global Insights & Analytics team in a variety of activities that may include research project management, statistical analysis, developing presentations for external clients and internal audiences, knowledge share of insights, data queries using various internal analysis and visualization tools and other tasks as identified by leadership. The position is located at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California. We are open to considering candidates in other Visa locations (Atlanta, Miami, NYC). Under the direction of the Sr. Director – Global Insights & Analytics. In this role:
- You will be a critical member of the global consumer insights and analytics center of excellence that supports Visa's global marketing and communications organizations, reporting to a senior director who leads the brand measurement center of excellence globally.
- You will independently use a consultative approach with senior business partners to identify and translate business requirements and questions into research objectives that inform business decisions.
- You will lead the development of best practices for Visa by proposing and implementing high-impact recommendations that drive creative excellence in advertising
- You will develop a creative testing and campaign measurement learning agenda and center of excellence with your primary business partners across five geographic regions
- You will lead ongoing effectiveness measurement of Visa campaigns across five geographic regions
- You will develop testing approaches, primary research design and/or experimental test and learn activities to understand which marketing initiatives and tactics drive business outcomes.
- You will scope and conduct analyses, translate your findings into a set of initial insights, and create compelling stories that answer business questions and provide practical insight for our marketing and product teams
- You will build and maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, communications, client marketing, sponsorship, and product innovation
- You will partner with our supplier partners to monitor quality, performance and delivery of key commitments, manage budgets and timelines
- You will facilitate ongoing communication between regional insight teams across the global to coordinate insight sharing and identify opportunities for synergy and best practices
- In conjunction with an supplier partners, you will perform other research project management tasks including sample and quota management, change management, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- You will be a leader operating according to Visa’s leadership principles in every aspect of your role
We are looking for a strong analytically-oriented project leader who is looking for their next opportunity to grow and develop their skills further.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA)
- Prior market research and insights experience is required.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Experience in business analytics, measurement, SAS, SPSS, Tableau or other data visualization tools is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Consumer Behavior, Psychology, Marketing, Market Research, Sociology, Anthropology, Statistics or in a quantitative field like Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Engineering is preferred. MMR a plus
- 4 - 9 years' experience managing primary quantitative and qualitative market research at a large global organization or with a leading, global respected market research agency.
- Experience managing large market research ongoing measurement programs. Multi-country research management experience is a plus.
- Foundational understanding of branding, advertising (traditional and digital), marketing concepts and strategy a plus; Background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending as well as experience from tech, consulting, CPG, retail are a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated mastery in uncovering insights with the ability to inspire and influence others to act on insights. Demonstrated success in using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions.
- Intellectually curious and analytically rigorous with strong desire and willingness to understand and pressure test data.
- Strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency, a proactive approach, Excel and PowerPoint power user; strong planner and problem solver
- Must display strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption; Must be fluent in English
This is a unique opportunity to influence and shape the future of Visa through value-add insights about our brand, advertising and client relationships and will provide you an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry.
Come join our challenging, dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented research and marketing professionals in the industry.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.