Sales Support Manager - Hush Puppies - #495840
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Rockford, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
General FunctionHush Puppies is the go-to footwear, accessory and apparel brand that delivers the right mix of timeless style, dependable comfort and quality. Since 1958, the brand has defined authentic casual style for generations of consumers around the world. Today, Hush Puppies is the favorite shoe for all who embrace the lighthearted spirit and modern style of this iconic brand – represented by our lovable basset hound! With over 17 Million pairs sold every year in over 165 countries around the world, Hush Puppies has become more than a global brand, it's a household name and a cultural icon! We invented casual style, you make it your own. Hush Puppies.
The Sales Support Manager is responsible for supporting sales lead with account operations, order tracking/management, weekly product analysis reports, and account requests. Leverages business analytics and product trends to identify actionable opportunities for sales growth. Assists with financial and product forecasting, planning, inventory purchases, and managing inventories. Acts as day-to-day contact with buying teams and prepares strategic sales presentations and responsible for account management.
- Provide financial trend analysis and reporting on sales for key accounts to provide a clear picture of positive and negative trends and results at retail
- Develops line plans and tracks against them to support each division’s distribution strategies.
- Identify new product opportunities and seasonal trends in order to meet growth/distribution targets
- Attends key seasonal meetings with retailers to help present product and action follow-ups.
- Monitor model stocks and determine proper pairs and levels of inventory and timing of recommended markdowns.
- Provide leadership with recommendations pertaining to account opportunities and risks
- Maintain a consistent frequency of in-store visitation to ensure execution of brand presence, visual roll-out/events to drive turn and door volume.
- Partner cross-functional to ensure backlog for integrity, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Provide sales planning reports on various elements of outstanding and incoming orders, recent shipments, closeout/skim inventory, etc
- Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of wholesale or retail experience
- Thorough understanding of the marketplace (competitor information, consumer understanding, current/future marketing penetration, etc.)
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to use data to identify and illustrate product sales and market trends
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills and is detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills and is able to relay in appropriate reporting formats
- Proficiency with personal computers, including internet research and advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and BW reporting
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to understand and analyze retail financials and metric
Field sales environment. Travel required (25%). Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).