Quantitative Analyst - #495845
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Oak Brook, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Quantitative Analyst for the Utility of the Future will design and develop proprietary simulation models to support portfolio valuation, pricing, risk management, and overall strategic planning for innovative utility platform initiatives. As a member of the Advanced Analytics team, the successful candidate will collaborate directly with economists, financial engineers, risk analysts, and policy experts. He or she will apply quantitative techniques to measure and analyze model risks and form opinions on the strengths and limitations of the respective models. A solid understanding of traditional financial valuation and modeling techniques along with a strong foundation in programing, statistical methods, and data analysis is essential.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leverage in-depth technical knowledge of predictive analytics, statistics, modelling techniques and simulation approaches to develop valuation, risk management, and pricing models. (50%)
- Conduct research and produce proof-of-concept demonstration systems to test new quantitative modeling approaches and solutions to complex problems (25%)
- Translate quantitative and business concepts into efficient, robust, supportable system design and architecture. (15%)
- Partner with stakeholder analytics teams across ComEd and the Enterprise to expand the use and gather feedback on the models and systems (10%)
- Reports to the Director Advanced Analysis
- This is an individual contributor position that woks under general supervision, relying on knowledge, skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of applied and financial mathematics concepts and techniques (including advanced statistical techniques)
- Ability to use a broad range of development languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Perl, Matlab, etc.), and databases query languages
- Ability to quickly master industry fundamental concepts including energy commodity markets, portfolio valuation, and system dynamics
- Should be self-driven and able to work in (and lead) team sizes ranging from individual contribution to several members.
- Energy industry experience
- Prior experience in an operation research role
- In-depth experience in one or more programing language
- Background in applied system dynamics theory
- Ideal candidate with have experience performing advanced quantitative analysis and developing and/or validating risk models to support senior managers in running their quantitative strategies.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor