Care Coordinator (26422) - #495846
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: Willmar, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
As a care coordinator you will conduct initial and annual comprehensive assessments to enrollees, create an individualized Plan of Care, coordinate the provision of services, and provide culturally appropriate person-centered care. As a care coordinator you will ensure service accessibility through the promotion and enhancement of the enrollee’s knowledge, resources, strengths, natural supports, independence, self-advocacy, empowerment, and health education while maintaining fiscal and professional accountability in compliance with rules and regulations as set by Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota (LSSMN), the contracted Managed Care Organization’s (MCO’s), Minnesota Department of Human Services (MNDHS), and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Flexibility for Office Based or Work from Home. This position provides Care Coordination for MSHO and MSC+.
- Licensed Social Worker or Registered Nurse to practice in the state of Minnesota required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with assessments and have a working knowledge of community resources.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass background study and motor vehicle check.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills to include basic knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detailed-oriented, highly organized, and possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently and to participate actively in a team.
- Able to implement strategies to enhance delivery of services to culturally diverse populations.
- Able to recognize boundaries and exhibit patience, self-control and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Bilingualism may be required.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
Additional Posting Information:
This position provides Care Coordination Services to members on MSHO, MSC+. This position can be office based or remote
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.