Supervisor, Collections - #495847
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Supervisor, Collections, you will be responsible for managing the collections group, communicating with upper management, and collaborating with the sales team. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, come join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Supervise the collections team and ensure collection metrics are met for one or more business units
- Provide leadership required to resolve billing discrepancies and cash application errors that prevent prompt payments by customers
- Perform supervisory responsibilities for the team, including interviewing/hiring, conducting performance appraisals, resolving complaints and rewarding/disciplining employees
- Review accounts receivable aging daily and provide plan to collect past-due balances
- Reconcile accounts to ensure credits and payments on accounts meet requirements
- Work with Sales to provide visibility into collection activities, as well as routine updates on department collection efforts
- Perform collection calls and follow up with customers as needed; handle dispute resolution with customers
- Work to ensure bad debt is minimized and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) is within company standards
- Communicate with outside agencies for the collection of bad debt write-offs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 3 years of experience in a business to business Collection leadership/supervisory role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Experience leveraging analytics through Power BI
It’d be great if you also have:
- 5 years of experience in AR/Collections roles with a portion of that time within the transportation sector
- Experience with Oracle and Highradius
- Experience working within a transportation/logistics company with multiple Business Units
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.