Operations Manager - #495848
Date: 10/14/2021 18:30 PM
City: La Salle, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Lumbermen’s is a leading distributor and manufacturer that is driven by a mission to deliver industry-leading products and services to create exceptional spaces. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan and operating in ten strategic locations throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Northern Kentucky, Lumbermen’s is set apart by our 100% employee-ownership and by the diversity of the products we sell, the services we provide and the industries in which we operate.
Working in our Toledo, OH location, the Operations Manager leads our warehouse and driver teams and oversees the receipt, storage, order preparation, and delivery of material. Specifically, the responsibilities for this position include:
- Promoting a safe work environment for all employee owners
- Modeling Lumbermen’s core values
- Leading and holding a team of 15-20 employee owners (warehouse associates and drivers) accountable to meeting established goals and delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Managing driver e-logs and ensuring DOT compliance
- Leading and making improvements to housekeeping standards and continuous improvement initiatives
- Leveraging talent in the operational areas to deliver continuous improvement ideas
- Tracking of operations, CI ideas, and managing CI projects to meet the dates expected
- Tracking and communicating performance results to the team
- Leading the operational improvements for KPI’s (Safety, Cost, Quality, Scrap, and Delivery) to achieve targets and goals
- Proactively planning for and assisting in maintaining staffing levels to meet customer needs
- Ensuring proper documentation is executed including performance evaluations, accident reports, scrap, and others
The ideal candidate for this role possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead effectively to achieve results, is analytical, a good problem solver, and is naturally detail-oriented.
- High school diploma
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree desired
- 1-3 years’ warehousing experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to driving safety and adherence to policies as a top priority
- Ability to effectively lead a team to success
- Effectiveness in providing clarity to team in achieving company goals and objectives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Lumbermen's offers an exceptional work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, and a generous company-funded ESOP program. Take ownership of your career today!
At Lumbermen’s, the health and safety of our employee owners is our #1 priority. We are proud to be a drug-free workplace.