Hospice & Palliative Care Social Worker (MSW/LSW) - #603806
Malama Ola Health Services
Date: 11/25/2021 19:00 PM
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Hospice and Palliative Care Social Worker is responsible for assessing the psychosocial, community service and/or economic needs of our patients and families. The Social Worker provides services that address these social and/or emotional factors to achieve the goals of an individualized, interdisciplinary plan of care.
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Active Social Work license in the State of Hawaii.
- Medical Social Work experience strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate, negotiate and work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to exhibit empathy and communicate effectively with patients and families who are confronted with end-of-life concerns.
- Ability to adhere to our Code of Conduct and Compliance Program.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Job Type and Benefits:
- Full Time.
- Benefits include health insurance, paid time off and a 401(K) savings plan.
- Mileage is compensated.
About Mālama Ola Health Services:
Mālama Ola Health Services is proud to serve our community by meeting the growing need for hospice and palliative care. We were founded by dedicated medical professionals with decades of hospice and palliative experience on our island. At Mālama Ola Health Services, our patients and families needs come first.
We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings, starting with how we treat each other. We do not take professional or ethical shortcuts. Our personal conduct ensures that the Mālama Ola name is always worthy of trust.
Our mission is to be the premiere provider of palliative and hospice services in Hawaii and to set the standard of excellence for supportive, compassionate healthcare.
We have nothing of greater value than our employees and look forward to reviewing your application for employment.