Director Business Operations Hospice - #603816
Date: 11/25/2021 19:01 PM
City: Flowood, Mississippi
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Director Business Operations:
The Director of Business Operations directs the day-to-day business operations of the hospice program. This includes playing a significant role in managing both the revenue cycle and long-range planning efforts. As part of the leadership team, the Director, Business Operations (DBO) supports the culture of the organization, as well as the vision and mission statement of the hospice program.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the DBO manages the long-range planning for the hospice program. This includes
- Orchestrate strategy for expansion of the local program through development of market analysis to anticipate timing and need for geographic expansion and facilities to accommodate all levels of Hospice care.
- Assist the Director, Business Development (DBD) in transitioning from long-range forecasts to the execution of mid and short-range strategic plans.
- Assist national and hospice program teams in the following ways:
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to ensure that staffing goals are consistent with patient care goals.
- Provide assistance to Human Resources in managing promotion, retention and termination activities, ensuring that they are consistent with patient care goals and nationally developed staffing matrices.
- Collaborate with Education to ensure that employees, as well as contracted providers, are familiar with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the hospice program, and that their competencies and evaluations are properly maintained.
- Participate in the orientation for new staff, regularly scheduled in-service education programs, and opportunities for continuing education for the staff as requested.
Direct the finance function of the hospice program:
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Finance, National Director, Revenue Cycle Operations and staff on budget development for the hospice program;
- institution of reporting mechanisms and controls to realize maximum fiscal efficiency consistent with patient care goals;
- staffing, compensation and benefit level matrices with the goal of enhancing the ability of the hospice program to capitalize on the local market conditions; and
- implementation of fiscal controls to realize maximum fiscal efficiency consistent with patient care goals.
- Ensure review of agency payroll for accuracy and timely transfer of payroll information to the National payroll department.
- Coordinate on-site training of employees and supervisors in the payroll system.
- Direct the contracting function of the hospice program:
- Collaborate with department heads in the establishment and negotiation of facility, hospital and vendor contracts.
- Maintain database of facility, hospital, vendor and physician contract files.
- Provide supervision for office employees (Team Assistant, Administrative Assistant and Physician Support Specialist).
- Responsible for ensuring that required pre-billing documentation is submitted by field staff and uploaded by Team Assistants in a timely, efficient manner.
- Assist the national office in maintaining hospice liability, property, fidelity, compensation, etc. insurance policies and packages; renewals annually.
- Responsible for applying and renewing annual hospice professional membership in National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and the State Hospice Organization.
- Act as office manager by delegating responsibility for ordering supplies and establishing necessary relationships for office maintenance.
- Maintain the records for the hospice program office lease.
- Maintain records related to the hospice program state license, Medicare and Medicaid Certification, Joint Commission accreditation and any renewal and/or update process to maintain licenses, certifications and accreditations.
- Direct the office administration functions of the hospice program:
Performs other duties as assigned including those within the scope of current, valid professional licensure/credentials (i.e. RN, SW, Chaplain, MT, HA, etc.). Employees should reference the position specific job description for additional details on the essential functions of the clinical discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated finance experience and/or understanding, including financial goal setting, budget forecasting and implementation of controls to monitor progress toward financial goals.
- Leadership qualities as demonstrated by past achievements and/or previous work experience.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate across disciplinary lines in the market place and within the agency, both at local and national levels.