QUALITY TECHNICIAN 1 - #603817
80 Acres Farms
Date: 11/25/2021 19:01 PM
City: College Corner, Ohio
Salary: $17 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering 80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
The Quality Technician 1 is responsible for driving the 80 Acres Farms quality and food safety program across all processes at the farm. With strong knowledge of 80 Acres Farms Food Safety and Quality procedures the Quality Technician will perform process audits, product monitoring and verification checks, shelf-life evaluations and collection of food safety and quality data as applicable. The Quality Technician will be responsible for on-time identification and escalation of food safety and quality issues at the farm level, assist in food safety and quality training, support implementation of corrective actions, conduct and participate in root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Monitor and verify compliance with food safety and quality programs and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Evaluate and document effectiveness of cleaning and sanitation of equipment prior to start-up.
- Verify general areas are maintained in sanitary conditions throughout operations shifts.
- Evaluate product adherence to specification at different stages in the process, including harvest, mixing, and packing.
- Collect environmental and product samples in compliance with schedule.
- Collect and evaluate shelf-life samples in compliance with schedule.
- Verify and calibrate food safety and quality metric monitoring devices such as metal detector, scales, and temperature recorders.
- Monitor and verify implementation of corrective actions at the farm level.
- Ensure farm compliance with food safety regulations.
- Support continuous improvement projects as needed.
- B.S. or technical degree in Agriculture, Food Science, Chemistry, Postharvest Physiology and/or related equivalent experience.
- Proficient in use of computer systems and programs including detailed data collection.
- Experience with food processing and HACCP is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION
Reports to: FSQA Manager
Internal level/band: Hourly Band
Pay Range: $17.00
About our benefits package: 80 Acres Farms offers a highly competitive package including health, dental and vision insurance; company paid life insurance; long-term and short-term disability insurance; voluntary life insurance; vacation and sick leave; 401K with pre-tax and Roth options; and company paid holidays.
About our hiring practices: 80 Acres Farms values inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer that participates in e-verify. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.